sobota 11. dubna 2015
Individual task b) GA
This time, I decided to compare RP and GA pronunciation. I found two recordings of the same text by two different people, one speaker speaking RP English, the other speaking GA English. We did this kind of exercise on our Phonetics lessons, so it inspired me.
I imitated the native speakers, I tried to sound like them concerning the accent, the tempo etc. RP pronunciation is about linking words, not pronouncing ´r´ sound and it was difficult for the first time I recorded it, but then I liked it. I got used to it.
In the b) recording, it was something completely different. I said ´r´ at the end of words like car and year, I said /hostl/ instead of /hostail/ in hostile, I said /grainding/ instead of /grinding/ in grinding etc. Also, I pronounced words like utterly or unforgettable with ´d´ sound, but in RP I said more like the ´t´ sound - /ʌtəli/ with clear ´t´.
It was interesting to record this type of recordings, I liked it. I noticed that I have problems with long texts to read sometimes. Endings of texts make me problems, I read slowly and with pauses.
Přihlásit se k odběru:
Komentáře k příspěvku (Atom)
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat