pondělí 29. prosince 2014

Final task

I went through all my recordings and reflections which I recorded and wrote this semester and I must say I have made some progress. To be specific – at first, I absolutely did not have any idea about the correct pronunciation of words beginning with t. Sounds like θ or ð did not exist for me at high school. Now I know the correct pronunciation and I think I improved my θ and th sound. Maybe it is not perfect enough yet, but it is definitely much better than four months ago. The next thing I improved is to distinguish strong and weak forms of prepositions and conjunctions. Thanks to the self-recording, now I can speak more fluently, because I know what strong and weak forms are. And when I speak English, I focus on strong and weak syllables more. I think it makes my English better. I definitely improved my pronunciation of names of celebrities, titles of series and so on. I remember recording this kind of activity, like pronunciation of these names and I must say it was fun and interesting, too. Now, when someone says a name of some celebrity incorrectly to me, I must smile. And the last thing I improved and I would like to mention is my ability to speak English with some kind of intonation, some kind of sense. It is hard to describe, but I think it is obvious when I listen to my recordings. What I think I did not improve is difference between American and British English. I recognise the difference when I hear both American and British, but when I want read something in both ways, it is hard for me. This is what I need to improve. Generally, I still have some problems with spoken English, but I think the self-recording helped me a lot and it is always good to reflect on what I say and the way I say it.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat